Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A few of my favorite things....Hanna Andersson Pajamas

A regular post where I share some of my favorite things, a la Maria von Trapp. Just less singing. 

I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker for an amazing pair of pajamas. Especially for babes, when it's still perfectly acceptable to wear Pajamas as Clothes in almost any social situation (lucky, lucky babies). The problem, I found, was that my tall kid outgrew his jammies SO DARN FAST, nevermind that so many of the cheap PJs I bought seemed to pill and look busted even in the short amount of time he wore them. 

Enter Hanna Andersson, Swedish kid clothing retailer extraordinaire. I'm not going to say they're high fashion, but in my experience, their clothing is well-made and very hand-me-down worthy. Classic stuff. I've never gone ga-ga for their clothes, but their sleepers? Pure awesomeness. 

Here's B hanging in one of my favorite pairs, featuring adorable Dala horses. 


The Night Night sleepers are made from supersoft organic cotton, and are sized just right to fit for a long time. So far, B has worn most sizes for about 6 months, which is practically a lifetime in baby clothing. They don't have feet, and are designed so that the cuffs easily fold (and unfold) to help with length. 

These aren't super cheap at $35/each for baby sizes (through 90cm), and $42 for the larger two-piece Long Johns, but it's one of the few things I'm willing to splash out on full price. That said, they often run sales (I recently stocked up on a buy one, get one 1/2 off sale), and there's a robust resale market on these since they last so long. There are even dedicated Hanna buy/sell/trade groups on Facebook. Also, if you're a Costco member, every year or so they seem to get a shipment in of special, made-for-Costco Hanna PJs! It's said they aren't quite the same quality, but they're still awesome. And I just bought six pair for less than $14 each!

This is my go-to baby gift for new moms in my life. 

A quick note about sizing - Hannas are sized European-style, by centimeters. It's all about baby's length. They have helpful size charts in store and online, so you can easily find that a 90 translates to roughly 3T (for example). 

Now if you really want to get festive, Hanna also offers PJs in adult sizes. And for dogs. Yes, dogs. You can fully outfit your entire family in Christmas jams, if you can get your dogs (and husband) to hold still long enough to put them on. 

I mean, this is normal, right? Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment